An Unknown Boy : Prologue


Read Description Of An Unknown Boy

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

8th March
Bangalore,

It was Sunday morning of March. Sun was hidden somewhere behind the clouds. There was a bit of darkness in absence of sun. I was working in IT company as Software Engineer. But from couple of days, after reading about 20+ novels. My dead passion of writing was back. So every weekend,  I traveled in the city of garden with pens and notepads. I had off on weekends.

When I checked my handbag only to find that ink of my pen was almost over. Surviving without pens,notepads and novels were too difficult for me. Whenever I would go , I would be carrying my handbag which would have couple of pens,notepads and at least one unread novel. I had reserved huge time for visiting public places and observing people and penning down in my notepads.
As I was out of pen. Without thinking anything , I planned for visiting mall for shopping of pen. It might sound weird but that was how I was. I was very selective for brands of accessories for writing. Here brand mattered for me. Since I started writing , I used 'Luxar' pen. I didn't feel like using other pen than this.

I took shower and quickly got ready. I wore my watch and glanced at it. It was 9.00 am. When I was stepping out from home and was wearing shoes. I heard my mom's voice.
"Who will have breakfast? " My mom said sarcastically. I couldn't answer her. So I had a bit of Poha, even though I wasn't hungry at all. I did so only to see smile on my mom's face. No matter, how much we grow up, love of mothers will remain same. Same scolding for not having breakfast, not coming home on time. When I was done with breakfast.
"Mom, I am going to see my friend" I lied
To avoid unnecessary questions. She didn't like that I roam around in public places without any reason. Well I had my own sweet reason but that I couldn't just explain her.
"Okay , make sure you return before lunch" She said and she was serious. Luckily she didn't ask anything further. Otherwise she would have shouted for going mall just shopping for pens, just like that.

I took my leave from my mom and went to bus stop. I boarded the very first bus. Mall was good half an hour drive way from my home. That day there were no much traffic, so I reached before than half an hour. I got down from the bus and walked to mall which was only about 200 meters walk from that bus stop. As it was early in the morning of Sunday, there were no much people. Road were almost empty.

In no time , I went inside to mall. Most of stores in mall wasn't open yet. But book store was open. I took elevator to third floor and went to book store. I bought couple of pens and notepads and took a deep breath.
I was hungry. In couple of minutes, I found myself in front of 'Krishna Veg Restaurants' at fifth floor of mall. I ordered Masala Dosa. It was being prepared, it looked like it was their first order of the day, they opened the shop some minutes before. 
"10 minutes sir" , That guy said
"Okay, no problem" I replied 
I made myself comfortable on chair in sitting area. I kept my handbag on the table. I took a glance at front side only to find empty chairs. I was sitting middle of the seating area. Then I looked back, I found a guy was sleeping on chair. I could see his head on the table, a notebook, some set of papers and a pen in his hand. As he was sleeping, I couldn't see his face.
This is how toppers look like, studying in public places I thought to myself. I became too busy in noticing him, I didn't even hear waiter was front of me.
"Sir, your Masala Dosa" Waiter said loudly.
I turned. "Oops, Sorry, thank you" I said to waiter.
I started having Masala Dosa, the only south Indian meal I love. I focused on my food.
A little later, I heard someone was shouting. I turned back and i saw that mall's security guy was shouting at that guy.
"It's not hotel room, it's not a place to sleep, Pata nahi kahan kahan se aa jate hai" Security guy said
That guy didn't utter a single word. He was cleaning his eyes with his hands and ignoring security's lecture. Security checked his pocket and find out a bottle of alcohol.
"Bas, yahi baki reh gaya tha, yeh club nahi hai. Don't you know. Drinking and smoking is not allowed" Security shouted again.
I continued looked at him. He was tall about 5.9 feet. He had long uncombed hair and bread. He wore long loose gray shirt and loose formal trouser of black color and dirty puma slipper.

That guy looked scared, he quickly closed his notebook and kept in his bag and started running to elevator. Security guy run behind him. I stood up and went to balcony. I saw him at ground floor, he was exiting from mall.  In no time, he was out of sight. I went back to my place and looked at table where he was sitting. I noticed that, down to his table , there were some set of papers. I went to his table and picked up those set of papers and kept in my bag. I settled the bill and went outside the mall. I looked around to find out that guy. I wanted to return him his papers. I couldn't find him. I went to my usual tea shop which is right outside of mall and ordered one tea and sat on the chair. Thought of that guy was floating in my mind. I noticed unusual about that guy. At first I thought, those paper was some notes. His looks said me different story. In no time his papers were in my hand. In first, it had drawing of girl and turned to next page:


Next chapter is released

Post a Comment

1 Comments